Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pink Peeps Bunny Bunting

Say that ten times quickly!

Last night I couldn't sleep. Toss and turn. Look at the clock. Sigh and roll over. At 3:30 am, I decided to just get up instead of torturing myself.

And what does one do in the middle of the night when one cannot sleep? Make Pink Peeps Bunny Bunting, of course!

This pattern came from Dana at MADE. I've been wanting to make some bunny bunting for a while and I bought the felt pretty cheap at Joann's in Seattle. $2.49/yd (the lady at the cutting table laughed when I asked for a metre).

I made myself a template out of plastic because I'm pretty sure I'll be making more of these bunnies (I do have a lot of felt left over).


I drew around the template with a pink sharpie. You do not want to use your washable quilting marker for this. It will be ruined.


I tried to cut inside my marker lines so I didn't have dark pink residue on the bunny fur.


All lined up for their turn at the sewing machine!


Nine little bunnies on a polka-dot ribbon.


Oh my gosh, this is cute! I'm not sure I can part with it. Does an 18-year-old really need a bunny bunting?

Lately I've seen so many beautiful projects online. I wish all these patterns and tutorials had been around when the OnlyChild was a little girl. I used to make clothes for her (and matching outfits for her Cabbage Patch doll), but they were nothing like the gorgeous dresses, tops and toys available now. Thank you, all you bloggers, wherever you are, for so generously sharing your talent!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Now I want to make some!

Thimbleanna said...

Ahem. Are those quilts from the last post quilted yet? Are you allowed to be cutting bunnies if they aren't??? Well, ok, they're so darn cute, it's probably allowed!

Barb said...

Sorry you could not sleep but look what you accoplished...soooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable!!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

At least the sales lady laughed - last time I visited the states and asked for a metre of each of the fabrics I had put on the cutting desk, the lady had NO idea what I meant and step mum had to translate!!

The bunnies are really cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Now THAT is super cute! Luckily, I have no pink felt at home or I would be making some for Amelia too. I'll just bookmark it for next year!

Chris said...

Who couldn't resist a string of peeps????? I made one yellow for me and a pink string for my niece -I'm sure I'll be making more too! Happy Easter!

Mitchie said...

hey thats funny cause i just won a giveaway for a yellow peep garland!