Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Waiting...waiting

Until I have time to complete the Be Yourself quilt.

I finished quilting and sewed on the binding Sunday afternoon/evening (after I finished all my school work, of course).


Last night, I didn't get home from work until after 10 pm! We had our annual dog and pony show Open House to attract new students to the school. As in previous years, I was in charge of costumes. This year, our theme was Happily Ever After which meant we had to outfit 37 students in fairy tale costumes. What a huge job!

Today after work I had to go downtown to the court house. Last week I received a juror summons for a trial that was slated to begin in April and last 18 weeks! Eighteen! Let's see... that would take me through my International Baccalaureate students' exams in mid-May, through the rest of the semester and my grade 12 students' provincial diploma exams and... all through summer vacation. So...no. My employer wrote me a letter asking that I be excused and it was accepted. Whew. I am so relieved.

Tonight is kettlebells class. I'll be home around 8 pm, but who knows if I'll have the motivation or energy to hand-sew at that time. I'm thinking an early bedtime and a good book might be in order.

So, until I have a fairly lengthy chunk of time to devote to it, Be Yourself will just have to wait.


And wait some more...


...probably until the weekend arrives.

p.s. I linked to Fabric Tuesday on Quilt Story today!


9 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Hey Rachel! nice finish!! I like how you persevere straight on through! good for you! I wish I could do that more often.. LOL!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You'll get it done. Hoe you get some rest. Happy you were excused. 18 weeks is crazy!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Not hoe... Hope. :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

That is a lot of quilting! It looks great and it will wait patiently for you to finish it!

Pat said...

I'm glad you got off that jury duty. I had to laugh at what you called the Open House before you crossed those words out.

Barb said...

Oh...I so love how you quilted that quilt, it turned out wonderfully!!

Julie Fukuda said...

You are just about there. It's looking good!

Stacy said...

That Be Yourself quilt looks SO good! I love the quilting. Oh, thank goodness you were excused from that case. That would have majorly disrupted your life.

Quiltstory said...

The quilting is great! Pretty project! Thanks for linking to Quiltstory!