Monday, June 07, 2010

Snow (aka the white stuff that should not stick around after March)

What? Snow?

Yep. Remember I said we got snow last weekend? I took some photos with my cell phone as we were driving to Calgary. The pictures are terrible quality, but you get the idea. In some places, the visibility was almost zero.

That was May 29th. Unbelievable!



This is my favourite - Whiteout! (It wasn't my favourite at the time; the drive was pretty hairy in some places.)


And now we just have rain, rain and more rain. We've had only a couple of sunny days and most have been wet and cold. It's actually quite unusual for us to have so many rainy days. Usually if it's going to rain, it will do so overnight. This is like East Coast weather, except without the respite of a good, hot, muggy day after the rain.

Summer will come soon. Please. I want to wear my cute skirts and dresses. What's the use of making nice summery clothes if they stay in the closet for 11 months of the year? Huh.

10 comments:

Barb said...

YOu were not kidding....no cute skirts yet...

Pat said...

Sorry about the weather and I hope it improves soon. I'd not be happy with snow in May, either...especially since I don't even like snow in January!!! LOL

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! That's amazing. Although, I would think as far north as you are that some years you barely even see summer? Just think though -- you'll soon be getting away from it all....Yipee!!!

andsewon said...

Now I do like snow...once in a while.. say around Christmas!!! I do hope the dreary Winter times end for you soon!
I reckon you will just have to pack those cute skirts and dresses up and wear them in Paris!

Julia said...

I love snow in the winter, which we don't get very often here in SE TN, but in May? no thanks!!! You are welcome to come visit me. It was in the 90s yesterday! A little too warm, but that is unusual.

Dogwood said...

Wow, just like the Sierras in California. So much snow this year! But good to have the water.

Your photos are beautiful. It is so scary driving in the snow especially in a white out. "Done that been there."

Hugs, Cory/Dogwood

Patty said...

Hopefully the weather will turn around and you'll be able to wear those cute skirts, if not... hey you'll always have Paris. :^)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Geez! Mental note - don't move to Canada. :)

I hope Summer comes your way soon so that you can wear your cute summmer clothes.

Stacy said...

Brrr, it looks freezing in your neck of the woods. Hard to believe those pictures were taken May 29th. I don't care too much for snow, but wish we had your rain. It has gotten HOT here and it's uncomfortable. I get really crabby when I have to drive in the heat.

Vesuviusmama said...

Wait...WHY do you live there? Why does ANYONE live there? Snow at this time of year is just cruel, nature mocking you. Flee, I say!