Wednesday, April 21, 2010

For Today...

Outside my window... The leaves are finally blooming on the trees. It's the first sign of green this spring!

I am thinking... I really enjoyed the yoga class I went to last night.

I am thankful for... a strong body and no health problems.

I am wearing... Lululemon pants and a New York t-shirt stolen from the OnlyChild. I just got home from the gym.

I am remembering... planting my garden last year and riding my bike to water every night.

I am going... to Banff with Mr. P this weekend. Maybe.

From the kitchen... nothing. Someone will have to make the first move and get supper started. I hope that someone doesn't have to be me.

I am creating... a dress to wear to commencement. Only the zipper and hem left to do.

I am wondering... why I am always so reluctant to do something different, to step out of the routine.

I am noticing... that DerbyDog whines a lot and it's annoying.

Pondering these words... "The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself." - Alan Alda (who, coincidentally, shares my birthday)

Around the house... I put away all my Winter clothes today and brought out the Spring and Summer wear. I hope it doesn't snow.

One of my favorite songs... "Parting Gift" by Fiona Apple

From my picture journal...


My front porch, where I spent a lot of time in the Summer. It's time to clean it up and get it ready for lazy Sunday afternoons spent reading.
(This picture was taken last year in May)

8 comments:

Pat said...

OOOO...the dress is nearly finished? YAY!!! Can't wait to see it.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great post!! I loved it! Love your front porch too. Very inviting.

Kaye said...

I can hear the birds chirping while you are relaxing on that invITING COUCH, READING A GOOD BOOK.

Thimbleanna said...

Love your post Rachel! I'm so happy that your trees are blooming -- it sounds like we're only about a week or two ahead of you -- bring it on spring!!!

Stacy said...

You might go to Banff?! I've always wanted to go there. How far is it from where you live?

That was a lovely post. Nice to hear the trees are finally blooming :)

andsewon said...

What a heart warming post Rachel!
Hope you have a photo taken of you in that pretty dress.
Love the porch. I could snuggle in and read there a many summer day!
Hugs,
Lola

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice post! We wanna see the dress!

Sara said...

I love your porch - I think all homes should have porches!