Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lucky me

2010 is starting off as a lucky and happy year for me... so far.

On Friday afternoon, as I was getting ready to leave work, my sweet friend Erminia dropped by my office with a gift. A "just because" gift. She had been shopping at Costco and had found these calendar sets - one with photos from Italy (for her) and one with photos from France (for me). There is a big calendar, which is hanging on my fridge, a monthly agenda book, which I will use to record my creative endeavours, and this mini calendar that is hanging above my sewing table. It will keep my dream (almost a reality) of going back to Paris this summer at the forefront of my mind.


How very thoughtful of my dear friend.

Yesterday I got a lovely surprise in my mailbox. I won a giveaway a while back (and for the life of me I cannot remember which one) and I received a copy of Found Art by Leeana Tankersley. This is such a beautiful book and the story is told with breathtaking insight. The book was signed by the author and came with a little card and personal note from her.

And today I had another present in my mailbox (the mailman probably thinks I'm lucky too!). Barb did a birthday giveaway and I won this wonderful pattern. It is a quilt-as-you-go project, which I've never attempted so I'm eager to try it out. It was also very cool, as I told Barb, to receive mail from Pago Pago. Doesn't that sound so very exotic?


Anyway... my goal for tonight is to finish sewing the binding on my heart project so that I can finally announce my giveaway. It seems to be dragging on just a bit longer than I intended.... Building anticipation?

Oh, and I'll have to run out in the cold to the mailbox and pop in my ATCs. We're supposed to have them mailed by the 20th of the month and this is honestly the latest I've ever sent them.
.
Busy busy. But it's a fun type of busy... not like the other type....

10 comments:

Dogwood said...

Oh, you are a very lucky lady. But, you deserve it all.

Glad to hear your ATCs are in the mail. Fun!

Have a nice evening...

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I had that happen once to me - I won something and couldn't figure out where it was from. Very embarrassing LOL! Congrats on all the wins -- very well deserved!

Patty said...

You'll love the fun and done quilt. I've never done one yet but I do have the pattern. One of the woman from my annual fall retreat gave us a mini lesson om how to do it.

Ticking and Toile said...

Oh what fun! You have very sweet friends! :)

Shellagh

Barb said...

You are lucky and yes, you do deserve it all and more!!!

Pat said...

I'm so happy to see you have some "lucky" gifts like that!!! ENJOY!!!

Stacy said...

I'm going to head over to Amazon and put that book on my wish list. It sounds so good.

I finally mailed my ATCs yesterday, although I mailed your's last week because I wanted it to get there in time for your birthday. Please forgive me for the cheesy birthday card.

Sue said...

Don't you just LOVE getting GOOD mail?!! Sounds like a great way to start the new year!
Blessings~LillySue

Sara said...

Lucky - that's always a good thing. Like the mail you got... and I know the calendar is keeping you right on track for that Paris trip...(you'll have to share the montly photo - please)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Busy busy and lucky lucky! I've done two quilt as you go projects and they were pretty easy. Enjoy! :)