Friday, January 08, 2010

Frazzled on Friday


I am delusional.

I had this dream, you see. Not a real dream, more of a daydream. It went like this:

On Friday afternoon (that would be today), I left work at 3:00, got home at 3:10, and proceeded to clean my house so it was all nice and shiny for the weekend. I put away the rest of the Christmas decorations, dusted the shelves and tables, vacuumed and washed the floors, changed the bed linens, did laundry and had supper on the table by 6:30 pm.

I spent the rest of the weekend in my sewing room finishing my Bunny Hill BOM, cutting pieces for a quilt block swap, and starting a nice project for my upcoming giveaway. On Sunday I had coffee with a good friend. We chatted for a couple of hours, catching up, since we hadn't seen each other for quite a while.

It was lovely.

Lovely, but totally deluded.


Hello Reality!
.
Tonight I stayed at work until after 5:00 pm, trying to finish one pile of tests so I had less to bring home. I figured out that I would probably be there until 9:00 pm if I tried to reach that goal. I brought my 10-lb bag of tests and assignments home with me.
.
I will not be cleaning my house tonight.
.
I will not be sewing tomorrow.
.
I will, however, be meeting my friend for coffee on Sunday. We will both be bringing our marking to Starbuck's. We will chat some, mark some, chat some, complain a lot, then mark some more.
.
I will go to school on Monday and, by the end of the day, my mailbox will be stuffed full of more marking.
.
All of it has to be done by Thursday.
.
I will not be going to work on Tuesday. Tuesday will be spent in my pajamas with a pot of coffee nearby (and a bottle of Bailey's if need be), marking marking marking. I have arranged this with my department head who, I'm sure, is just as tired of hearing about this as you are.
.
I don't seem to ever talk about anything else or, for that matter, do anything else.
.
I don't want sympathy. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.
.
Frazzled. On Friday.

12 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

You poor thing - not sympathy, empathy! Enjoy that coffee on Sunday!

Pat said...

Oh, Rachel.....I was so hoping you were going to say you DREAM became reality. UGH for all that marking!!!

Dogwood said...

Well, you may be frassled today but you are very creative with you writing this blog post. I laughed! I sure hope you get to do some fun thing this weekend. Coffee with a friend is a must. And, Tuesday off...at home...in jammies!

Have a nice evening!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Did you finally wake up from that dream?? lol How was the coffee with the friend in the dream? What did you order?? I know, I know, I have alot of questions.
Have fun with that marking pen. Thursdays coming soon.
Hugs

Thimbleanna said...

Vent Away Madame! Hope you find a little me time this weekend!

Barb said...

I feel for you....

IS there life beyond marking?

Pokey said...

You have me smiling, I hear you, girl! Wonder if I could ask for Tuesday off. . . .
I went to my husband's office after school (normal practice) to work up my newsletter for next week, and later we are sitting at the dinner table at 7p.m. with a quick put-together meal, and he says, "We're home early for Friday night."
I just remembered I didn't get half of next week's work run off. . . Oh, man!
Enjoy the coffee!

SueWis said...

Ohhh, sad. I really liked your daydream. Well, except for the housecleaning part.

julia said...

Vent, vent , vent and vent some more!!! It's ok! I used to say that I loved teaching, I just didn't like all the ____ that went along with it, like grading papers. But, that's part of it. I also berated myself for assigning so many projects that had to be graded!!!

Sara said...

Vent away!!!

Starbucks might be a cool place to mark the papers and you'll have a friend and lots of coffee!!!

Patty said...

Venting always makes me feel better.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a BUMMER Rachel. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't do much sewing this weekend either. Got a lot of cutting done but no sewing.

How was the coffee out?