Sunday, January 03, 2010

First "finish" of 2010

I finally finished my last two blocks of the Bunny Hill "A Tisket A Tasket" block of the month. Finally.

I had November's block appliqued a couple of weeks ago, but had no time to do any of the sewing, machine or hand.


Once I had picked out the fabrics for the candy canes in December's block (oh, what a tough decision!), it came together quickly.



And after my very last marathon marking session yesterday afternoon, I did all the hand embroidery on both blocks.

Here are all twelve blocks together. No sashing or borders yet, though. I'd like to do the sashing and outer border in a vibrant red print (perhaps that Rouenneries Turkey Red Josephine?) and the inner border in a narrow red and white stripe. What do you think?


So, not a complete quilt finish (we can't all be as productive as Barb), but a finish nonetheless.

This morning I entered all the marks in the district computer program and this afternoon I am going to go window shopping and to a movie with my friend, Patt.
.
Tomorrow, of course, is back to work. boo hoo.

15 comments:

Barb said...

I think you are more productive than I am...those blocks are adorable....I think I got as far as April...hummmm I am a bad girl. Glad you got the marking done....enjoy your show!!

Pat said...

Well...I take the prize as I got NONE of those blocks done. I had started to print them out and then didn't even get them all printed. *sigh* Yours look wonderful and I think your "red" ideas sound great. Enjoy the movie!!!

Stacy said...

Those blocks are very, very cute. I like the snowman with the heart, he's adorable. Congrats on finishing all of the blocks. Hope you had a great time window shopping and watching the movie. What did you see? I'm thinking of seeing Up in the Air this afternoon but I suspect I'll feel too lazy to get up and go.

Sherri said...

Oh...I absolutely love your blocks! I still have one more to go!

Sara said...

Love the quilt blocks! They turned out great! I totally agree - the sashing in the red/white and that gorgeous fabric for the outer border...Yea!

andsewon said...

Love your blocks...sadly I still have a few to finish...;-(
Your plan for them sounds wonderful too!
We did home movie viewing..Angels & Demons with Tom Hanks...was good.

Kaye said...

The blocks are absolutely wonderful! Great job

Patty said...

What a pretty quilt this will be. Ilike th idea of red sashing.

Annie said...

Wow, those blocks are absolutely beautiful. What a clever girl you are! Hope you had a relaxing day and enjoyed the window shopping and the movie. Hugs

Unknown said...

this is beautiful Rachel, I love it!!!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Rachel -- they're beautiful!!! Hope you're doing well at work today -- Ughhh!

Julia said...

I love all of these blocks!!! You are pretty productive if you ask me!

Dogwood said...

Love, love and love those beautiful basket square for the quilt. Wow, you must be on the go the minute your feet hit the floor in the morning! If you are like me, you find sewing soothing!

Have a nice day.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

VERY nice! Yup. I need to finish mine.

Vesuviusmama said...

They are great! Congrats to you for finishing all that marking - that was A LOT! I guess I should be thankful that I didn't have that hanging over my head during my vacation. I hope your movie and window shopping was the lift you needed to start the workweek refreshed and ready. (oh, and it has been cold here in Virginia , 11 degrees when I left the house yesterday, and I comforted myself with the thought that at least I wasn't where you are, thinking back to that post where it was -38. Yikes! I hope it is warmer there now.